Integrated distribution & transportation solutions
With Ryder, leading drugstore retailer sees 95 percent on-time delivery to stores
Headquartered in Woonsocket, Rhode Island, CVS Caremark serves retail customers through 7,600 pharmacy locations, filling prescriptions both in-store and online, accounting for a quarter of the nation’s total prescription revenues. In addition, CVS stores host a varied product mix that is constantly being calibrated to meet local market needs. Ryder’s transportation solution enables CVS/Caremark to ensure that products are on CVS store shelves every time a CVS customer walks through the door.
Ryder’s Dedicated solution provides the management expertise, fleet leverage a, driver performance and unmatched safety support to deliver outstanding service to CVS customers. Ryder has also helped CVS strategically locate distribution centers in the continental U.S. and Puerto Rico.
Download Case Study
- On Time delivery 99.1% for first stops and 98.8% on subsequent stops.
- Reduction in transportation costs through improved cube/trailer utilization, driver training and route/load optimization.
- Accelerated deliveries with lift-gate trailers for pallet packaging
- Expansion into new geographic markets
- Lower fuel costs resulting from fleet updates, less idle time and fewer out-of-route miles.
Fill out this brief form to have a Ryder specialist contact you.
Fill out this brief form to have a Ryder supply chain specialist contact you.
This video details integrated distribution & transportation solutions for CVS.
"I never have to challenge Ryder to raise the bar. We actually challenge each other to get better and better results.”
Ron Link, CVS/Caremark Senior Vice President of Logistics